Friday, August 24, 2012

Storm

I don't understand why I'm going through what I am facing right now.
It is unjust. It is not convenient. It is certainly not easy. I have been treated unfairly.
People that I tried to please have abandoned me. I was not given a choice in this.
It is a storm, a battle, a lonely place.

Sound familiar?

I'm not going to pretend that I have this all figured out. I don't. I'm crying as I type this and fighting the icy hands of fear out of my mind. I'm angry, I'm so angry. I'm afraid. This storm is made of anger and fear, and I'm running headlong into it.

Have you ever run in the rain? Man, at first it's not fun, and my instinct is to turn for home and head for cover. But if I keep on running, it is amazing. The cool breeze, the soaking, the cleansing. Once I am soaked, I can't get any more soaked. I adapt, and take joy in the rain, tremble at the lightning, marvel at the thunder. The fury becomes my inspiration. The familiar looks different, it's easy to become lost, but wondrous and almost magical. I don't want an umbrella at this point, it would just hold me back. Let me embrace the storm, let it change me, let me feel the raw power, and come out a changed person.





No comments:

Post a Comment