Wednesday, August 22, 2012

ReBirthplace

When the path you take me isn't stone, when it's not laid out for me to walk alone.
I fret, fuss, and then complain. I try my own way all in vain.
Yearn to be delivered, then when free, I say, "I'm not where I want to be."
You didn't say it was a piece of cake. A leap of faith I have to take. 
You give me the grace to run in place, and the courage to make mistakes.
Baby birds fall when learning to fly, how much more precious am I?
Your eyes are on me, Your love surrounds me, I'm on Your mind.

There are plans for me beyond what I can see.
A future to unfold, wonders to behold.
Fill me up, but my little cup can't contain Your Majesty.
Increase my capacity, make me who I'm meant to be.
I get it now, You're all I need. 
I thought once it was up to me to choose my destiny.
That is an empty vain pursuit, I will never match your magnitude.

Take my pen, my voice is Yours, let echo on paper Your voice Lord.
Blind to self, change my sight, that I see them through Your eyes.
Bless my hands to do what's right, and my feet to stand and fight.
Renew my mind, and cleanse my heart. Refine my life, light the spark.
Take the pain, what's left of me, a willing heart is all you need.
No longer who I was - but always who You meant me to be.
Here is the birthplace of my passionate vitality.


No comments:

Post a Comment