Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Caffeine Free Day #1

I did something a little crazy today. I gave up caffeine. Oh dear... that just makes me cringe to say. Those who know me definitely know that coffee is my drug of choice. I don't remember the last time I went more than a day or two without some coffee. The thing is, I want to be myself without depending on a substance to get me through the day. It's bad when I feel depressed without it, and the highlight of my day is a double espresso. I'm doing this purely for myself and my health, and will be having coffee again in my life... just in moderation.

The last time I did this, in 2007 when I had mono, was quite by accident. The migraines were terrible. I'm drinking lots of tea and water, as well as working out with my favorite Jillian Michaels. Peeing and sweating it all out, I'll be clean in no time! =)




I bid you farewell caffeine, you make my heart beat fast. . . but I need to be free. Time to be happy myself, and see what I'm really made of!

1 comment:

  1. inspirational Megan! I need to kick the caffeine addiction right in the keester! Here's to hoping and praying we can be strong enough to keep the cravings in check :)

    ReplyDelete