Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time and Meltdowns

I had a meltdown yesterday. My student yelled and thew a pencil at me, told me I was weird, and that I need to stop saying things that make him mad. Oh... and that I can't smile. Ha! It was a really long bad day, and I cried the whole drive home. That was soon followed by a panic attack that I don't have enough time in the day to work both jobs, eat, love on the hubs, be with family, be a friend, or do things that I enjoy.

I realize I need to work on time management. I'm learning to keep weeding out the things that only bring me down, and add some space the things that make me feel alive. I need a fresh dose of life in my living!

((Update)) As I was writing this, I got an update from one of my favorite people. This must be a theme today. Take a listen to Terri's take on Time Management. I will be using her Time Maps to get a grip on things.

So how do we cope when we feel overwhelmed, out of control, and burnt out? This is what I do, and you should try too!

1. Breathe a prayer. Pause and know that God cares about you and the situation, and ask for His guidence.

2. Realize that all situations are temporary and will change eventually.

3. Do something you can control. (work out, write your feelings, change your attitude, ect) 

4. Schedule some quiet time, even if it's just a few minutes to chill out, get your head back on straight. Listen to some music, hold your loved one, kitty, dog... whatever will calm you down.

Word of Encouragement

Psalm 119:105 "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

What this means to me: The Bible sheds light on our current circumstances, it gives us something to work with in the here and now. Also, it gives us light into the rest of our lives, the big picture, and the course that we should follow.



Confession - I'm drinking my coffee again. It makes me a better human being. All in moderation. 12 hour work days are not possible with a boost. Forgive me.


No comments:

Post a Comment